What you should know about tinnitus
Do you or someone you know suffer from constant ‘ringing in the ears’?
However, Tinnitus can be described as more than just ringing. It could be:
This could be high, medium or low pitched sounds. It may even be constant or intermittent.
Whatever noise it is, the real issue is something called tinnitus.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus (“TIN-a-tus” or “Tin-EYEtus”) is the medical term for the sensation of hearing sound in your ears or head when no external sound is present.
The important thing to know is that tinnitus is not a condition or a disease. Instead, it’s a symptom – typically of something bigger, like an ear infection, high blood pressure or, most common, hearing loss.
It’s also important to know that everyone’s tinnitus is different, which is why finding relief has been so elusive – until now.
Quick tinnitus facts
- Tinnitus is the number one disability for ex-Services personnel
- Tinnitus can occur at any age, and may begin suddenly or progress gradually
- The most common causes of tinnitus are: – Noise exposure (e.g., from shooting or machines at work) – Aging – Head injury – Side effects from medication
What causes Tinnitus?
- Hearing loss
- Exposure to loud noise
- Stress and anxiety
- Ear infections
What can I do about my Tinnitus?
At Malmo Hearing, we can off you Tinnitus maskers to deliver personalised relief for each individual.
Tinnitus affects every person differently. This includes how it sounds, how annoying it is, or how debilitating it can be.
Starkey tinnitus treatment solutions tackle the subjective nature of tinnitus head on. No other technology enables such unprecedented personalisation – to counterbalance your unique tinnitus.
The result is personalised relief designed just for you!
Control is key
Starkey tinnitus treatment solutions use the precise measurements from your audiogram to create a relief stimulus customised specifically to you. From this, we can fine-tune relief in two unique but important ways:
- Malmo Hearing can adjust sound frequency and modulation to better match your unique tinnitus
- Starkey’s proprietary SoundPoint tool lets you easily pinpoint your preferred sound settings, so we can program them at the final fitting stage
For more information about tinnitus, or to speak to a hearing professional about your tinnitus, contact us on 01656 652444